A Military Base is designed specifically for defence and offence. It is designed much like a starship is, and must pay for structure and systems.
- It has a MASS, which it does not need to pay for.
- It costs 1 point for each point of STRUCTURE.
- It costs 2 points for each point of ARMOUR. Armour can be layered, at no extra cost.
- It has no drives or FTL systems.
- It has power and (if needed) life support.
- It has one DCP per 20 MASS of the base.
- If surface conditions are such that EVA or other protective gear is needed on the surface, then the base must have life support systems.
- If the atmosphere is a Vacuum or Very Thin, the base must have at least 30% STRUCTURE.
- If the atmosphere is Very Dense, then the base must have at least 40% STRUCTURE.
- All other atmospheres must be at least 10% STRUCTURE
A military base can use DCPs for defence, but only when the base is invaded. They are treated as Riflemen, but perform badly against all targets.