A Travellers' Dozen 2
My final TAS product of 2022 is A Travellers' Dozen 2 which contains another dozen, randomly rolled, characters for Mongoose Traveller. Each character has a detailed background, a list of connections and half a dozen story hooks for getting them involved in your campaign.
The characters are located in the Reft and Trojan Reach sectors of the Third Imperium, but it shouldn't be too hard to move them to a different location or setting. Though statistics are included for Mongoose Traveller 2nd edition, most of the material is system agnostic.
The main characters are:
- Michelle Mandeville - a ‘truther’ who strongly believes that the Third Imperium is a lie
- Nigel Mikateema - an artist famous for his portrayals of urban life
- Okhegan - a small Vargr seeking a pack that won’t treat her badly
- Paul Peterson - a disillusioned, alcoholic, ex-law enforcement officer
- Quilla Quartermaine - an enforcer for a local street gang
- Ronald Reed - a steward aboard the Electric Blue subsidised liner with a colourful past
- Samzan Shalaj - the red headed lead vocalist of the Frantic Reds
- Tony Turner - a scout turned data analyst
- Ushle Ujarii - a psion who doesn’t play well with others
- Valkentana Vidar - a fallen nobleman who is now part con-man and part drifter
- Willa Weber - an arms dealer
- Xander Xenakis - a rich psychopath with a history of corporate greed and callousness
As well as the main characters, there are detailed descriptions of four organisations:
- The Broken Arrows - a criminal gang of arms dealers operating out of the Trojan Reach.
- Reaching Shipping - a company that runs subsidised merchant vessels in the Outrim Void.
- StarChat - a social media company that runs a distributed chat system across the Islands in the Reft sector.
- United Defence Alliance - a mercenary group who specialise in the protection of VIPs.
In addition, there are full write ups of four ships associated with the characters. Each ship has a set of statistics, deck plans, a crew and background information. Adventure hooks are also provided, from D66 tables to more detailed stories that can be fitted into your campaign. All deck plans have both a gridded and un-gridded format and are provided at both 100px and 256px resolutions.